Thursday, January 15, 2015

What I want out of this class

I would like to get a few things out of this class.  First, I would like to learn more about how the field of computer science relates to starting up a business and what parts of it can be influenced by technology.  I'm interested in how technology has changed how a business is run and started.  Second, I would like to understand what it actually means to run a business, since I have never had a job and have never tried to start up a business.  I don't understand how high ranking employee's, like managers and owners, are able to run the business without directly working like lower level employee's.
I personally have never had the drive to start my own business, and other than what we have gone over in the first 2 class meetings and from what I learned from watching startup.com I have no idea how to.  Since I haven't ever considered starting a business I don't have any ideas on what kind of business I would want to run, so I'm hoping that we will go over a few basic ideas as examples for starting ideas other businesses have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment