Thursday, March 12, 2015

Elevator Pitch

My elevator pitch went well I think, since the ghosts of the elevator said yes.  Listening to all the other elevator pitches helped me to realize that i wasn't thinking big enough and that I hadn't thought about what my possible profits were or how much money I needed to start the business.  I decided on needing $400,000 to start the first restaurant.  After doing a few calculations based on a number of bowls that I can expect to sell per day, I came up with a total income of $680,000 per year.  I think that during my pitch I showed how much research on the market I had done, as Andrew Fry commented on it when I brought it up in response to his question of how much of a market there actually is for authentic ramen.  I realized after my presentation that I should have presented my business model as an aspiring franchise from the start instead of towards the end like I did.  The elevator pitches as a whole helped me to understand how much money I should be asking for from investors, as well as how much money I can expect to be making each year, and how I should be presenting my business in my business plan.  As a last word about the class as a whole, it turned out to be my favorite class that I've ever taken on campus, and was the only reason I wanted to come to classes this quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment